Here in this post, we will provide you the full step-by-step guide on How to Unroot OnePlus 6T and Install back the Stock ROM properly. We will discuss three simple steps to do the same and how to restore the Stock ROM/Firmware as well. As we all know that the OnePlus devices run on OxygenOS. First, we need to understand what is Root or Unroot and what are the advantages.
Unroot OnePlus 6T
Unroot OnePlus 6T assures that you’re going back to the system preferences and wants to run Stock Firmware again. The rooting access enables the system power user or administration control to the device user.
Now, take a look at the advantages of unrooting the OnePlus 6T.
Advantages of Unroot the OnePlus 6T
The only advantage of unrooting the OnePlus 6T is to get back the device warranty. By rooting your device, we void our device warranty. But it can get back by simply unrooting your Android device with proper steps. If something goes wrong with your device during normal condition (unrooted), you can easily get help with the device support team.
How to go back to Stock ROM via a Custom ROM on OnePlus 6T
Make sure to backup the device data and system when you rooted or installed any custom ROM on your OnePlus 6T. That’s highly recommended. or you can download the latest build of Oxygen OS for your device. Just download the flashable zip file which you can flash via recovery.
- You can easily backup your device and system data completely via any Custom Recovery like TWRP/CWM. (If not backed up previously, do a factory reset)
- Now, boot your OnePlus 6T into Recovery mode > go to Backup and Restore.
- Choose the backup file from your storage where you saved earlier > swipe to confirm flash.
- After completed, reboot your device. Now, your device is running on Stock ROM over custom recovery and you still have the root access.
Please Note: thedroidtimes site won’t be responsible for any damage or error occurs to your device during the process. Make sure to understand what you’re doing and do it at your own risk.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least to reduce any occasional shutdown.
- A USB cable and a PC.
Step:1 How to Unroot OnePlus 6T (Recommended)
When you have rooted your device, one application called SuperSU was installed on your device. First, open that application from your device > scroll down to bottom and tap on the Full Unroot button.
The unroot process will start automatically and your device will reboot as well. Just have some patience. After successfully booted, your OnePlus 6T is now full unrooted. Enjoy!
Step: 2 Unroot OnePlus 6T with KingoRoot Application (Mobile/PC)
- Just turn on the Wi-Fi or data connection on your device.
- Install the KingoRoot app from here and install it on your OnePlus 6T normally.
- Now, open the app and you will find Unroot Your Phone option. Just tap on it.
- The unrooting process will start automatically. Don’t do anything during the process or don’t switch to any other app/page.
- Wait for sometime and you will see a congratulation message that you have successfully unrooted your device.
- Similarly, you can download the KingoRoot application for Windows PC from the above link.
- Just download and install the PC version on your Windows computer.
- Connect your OnePlus 6T device with your PC via a USB cable.
- Open the KingoRoot PC application and click on the option Remove Root or Unroot.
- Wait for sometime and you’re done!
This is how you can easily unroot your OnePlus 6T or even any other Android device. After unrooting, you can uninstall the KingoRoot app.